Thursday, April 7, 2011

This can't be good...

This morning I had to run to the store to get some toilet paper. Yeah, I know, how can you actually wait until there is no more on the roll? Anyway, Nic Dominic and I ran to CVS since I have a gift card to use up. He loves to be a big helper, so he asked to carry the toilet paper. It is almost as big as he is, but he insists on carrying it through the store. We had to stop several times before getting to the check out because #1, the package was huge, and #2, he saw some bright and shiny items. No big deal, we aren't in any hurry, so we take our time and I let him look at whatever he wants to look at.

As we are walking, he starts talking about going potty like a big boy. We have this conversation at least 900 times a day, surely one day he will be completely potty trained, right? So, we walk and we talk.

Out of no where, Dominic tells me he doesn't need toilet paper, he will pee and poop in his pull up. I had to remind him there are 5 other people in our house who do not wear diapers or pull ups, so we need the toilet paper. I can see the wheels spinning in his little mind, I know he's thinking something...so I wait for it.

Nothing. Humm, surely he is going to ask or say something. Right? Nope, something else caught his eye. YES! I'm off the hook with this one!

Finally he decides he has had enough looking and we can go pay. FUN TIMES! He gets to hold the receipt, and he loves that as much as carrying groceries or toilet paper around. He's an odd ball, that's for sure.

At the cash register, there is a young woman cashier. She comments to him about what a big boy he is for helping his mommy. He smiled his little "shy" smile and then hid behind me. That's typical Dominic. As I am getting my gift card out, he comes back around and says "Mommy needs it to wipe her butt. She doesn't poop in pull ups." God, let this ground open up and swallow me!!! I tried to play it off cool, like I didn't hear him, I look at the cashier and hand her my gift card, and she is laughing so hard, her eyes are welling up with tears! All I could do is smile and tell her to have a nice day, all she could do was nod.

Yep, that is just one part of the Everyday life in

the Powell house!

3 comments: