Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Let the fights begin!!!

And why not? It was only 7:00 a.m., why not let the girls go ahead and fight? Everyone is up anyway, so I'll stay out of this one. I'll let them work it out on their own. To be totally honest, unless there is blood involved, I have told them to deal with it on their own.

What is it that the girls are fighting over this early? Pre wrap! You know, the stuff athletes use that now all the girls use for hair bands. Here is a picture below if you don't know what it is. And if you don't, consider yourself lucky because you clearly do not have kids fighting over it at 7:00 a.m.

As I let them fight over it, I can hear Hanna begging Hailee to let her have some of it. Oh no, you can't pry that stuff away from Hailee. I don't see the big deal, it's a good size roll of foam. So, I've had it with the bickering. I override Hailee's "no" ruling and tell Hanna she can have some. Then I hear a THUD - - I wait for the tears, sure one of them knocked the other to the floor in their room. Nothing. Ahhh, nice! Hailee just threw the roll at Hanna and it hit the floor. I'm fine with that, like I said, it's early and I don't want to deal with this anyway. Then I hear it. Here it comes! The 13 year old attitude, all over the prewrap. They start going at it again because Hailee is mumbling to Hanna that she will look stupid with the prewrap, the exact same prewrap that Hailee wears. Really, these two will fight about anything.

I kinda giggle inside when I hear them fighting, I remember PLENTY of fights with my sister. We are 3 years apart (I'm the baby) and so are Hailee and Hanna. We had some doozies and lets be real here, we still have arguments with each other. We now resolve the problems in about 5 seconds, instead with fist fighting or clawing each other with our nails. Our husbands don't understand how we can argue so bad or so much with each other and then in a 5 second turn around, we are back to being best friends. I think we drive them a little crazy.

I try to tell my girls that one day, they will be best friends too. They disagree. At their age, I would also disagree that my sister would one day be my best friend. But she is, I would go to the ends of the earth for her, and I know she would do the same for me.

Here is a picture of me and my sis together. Enjoy it because it's probably one of the only pictures you will see of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment