Monday, April 4, 2011

My first post on this blog!

While I thought that my first post would be a funny one, with all that Joey has to say, it's mostly a serious post. OH well, it is what it is. Enjoy!


Today it is raining and nasty out. Instead of making Hanna and Joey walk home from the corner, I decided to pick them up so they wouldn't get wet. I see Hanna getting off of the bus and I see that she is crying. I also notice a band aid on her knee and figured that is why she is crying. She will get just a scratch and she thinks she needs to be rushed to the ER. Of course, getting stitches the amount of times she has, I guess she worries. LOL!

She gets into my van and the flood gates open. I asked if she was ok, DUH, dumb thing to do with an emotional girl. She starts to tell me the story of today. She forgot one of her books and left it in her locker. So, she got a check. She is crying because of ONE check, her first check of the school year. It really means nothing, you have to have 3, I believe, before anything even happens. All these tears over a silly check for forgetting a book. Now, first, I'll say this, she had set a goal to go all year without getting any checks. That means no forgotten homework, no behavior reminders, no forgotten books...you get the idea. We are 2 months away from the end of the year and she got her first check. It just broke her little heart. I keep trying to tell her, as we sit in the van, not to worry, it isn't a big deal, just don't get another one. Joey just dies laughing. I asked what was so funny and he comes back with "Seriously, a check! Hanna, I got a detention and didn't even CARE and I'm only in the first grade!"

I try to ignore the band aid on Hanna's knee because I know that's going to bring more tears. We get into the house and Joey turns and lifts up his shirt showing me two big band aids on his belly. He starts telling me how he was jumping up and down in school and scratched his belly on the metal ledge of the chalk board. He tells me that I should be expecting an e-mail from his teacher about it. No tears, he just tells it like it is. Hanna hears this and comes running back to me, again, crying her eyes out. She has one little band aid and and a teeny scratch. She rips off the band aid and has to have me check it out all the while more tears are streaming down her face. I think that might be why she is so skinny! It's all those tears she cries. All the water weight is gone!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I wish Kane had that same dedication to school. He brought his report card home today...2 D- 's. arrrgh! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete