Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vacation 2013 Munising, MI

I've been MIA in the blog world lately, but since we just got back from another fabulous vacation in Munising, MI, I will blog about that for the next few days. I'm going to blog some of my favorite shots of our trip. If you've never been to Munising, MI, I suggest you go. Last year was our first trip to the U.P of MI and it's clear, The Powell's were all born to be Yoopers. Yoopers? For the non U.P people, that's what the people of the Upper Peninsula are called. The picture posted above is a shot of Miners Castle, a part of the Pictured Rocks shore line. It is my absolute favorite place in the U.P. to look at. This was taken on the observation deck, you can hike down a trail to get a closer look at the rock formation. The family did, I stayed on top at the observation deck this year. I am not one who believes in Vow renewals for anniversaries, and I'll spare you the "why", but if I did, THIS is where our renewal would take place. Right on this overlook. You can't ask for better scenery. Maybe one of our kids will decide to get married here, can you just imagine how pretty that would be? In 2 years, we will celebrate our 20th anniversary. I'm thinking we should celebrate it right here. :D On your way to Miners Castle observation deck, you would have noticed signs to Miners Falls. If you have not gone, I suggest you stop and hike to Miners Falls as well. The hike is an easy one and one I would highly recommend. This is a picture of what you are missing if you decide to skip that hike. It would be a shame to miss something this beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous! I must go there, GQ would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Tonya. He would be in heaven. Both of my boys enjoy going on all of the hikes and being in the woods. Sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete