Friday, January 11, 2013

Cool whip cookies

Dominic loves to cook and bake. My 4, soon to be 5 year old could spend every second he has in the kitchen cooking. He is our only child who has ever shown any interest in helping me. Dominic loves food. I mean, he really loves food. There are very few things he will refuse to eat. In fact, corn might be the only thing I can think of that he doesn't like. My sister ruined his whole life a year ago on Thanksgiving by putting that "nasty stuffs" on his plate and thinking he was going to eat it. While searching through Pinterest, I came across a recipe for Cool Whip Cookies on this blog. Those seem easy enough for Dominic to make and we have all the ingredients in the house. So, he got to baking this morning and here is how his cookies turned out.
I totally forgot to get a picture of him actually making the cookies. I was too busy standing over him and forcing myself to give up control, so this is the only picture I have of the cookies. We let them cool and decided to give them a try. I have to admit, I was very skeptical that these would turn out. How can something so easy even come close to tasting good? So few ingredients, not enough of anything to make them taste good, right? WRONG! These things were pretty darn good! I used Cherry Chip cake mix and I used 2 cups of cool whip instead of the 1 the recipe calls for. I also had to double the cook time to 16 minutes.

1 comment: